Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Self Reflection: Reconstruction Debate

Self-Reflection Questions

Reconstruction Debate

1. How did I feel during planning this presentation? Why did I feel this way?

a. I was very frustrated. My group as a whole wasn’t getting along and we weren’t all on the same page. It was rough and since I was doing the conclusion I felt sort of useless until my group got a lot of their work done.

2. How did I feel prior to presenting? Why did I feel this way?

Before the presentation I got anxious. I was feeling uneasy and had convinced myself that I was going to fail completely. I, being a perfectionist, never really feels good or comfortable with my own work; and truthfully I could have done better than I did.

3. How did I feel while I was presenting? Why did I feel this way?

During the time I was presenting, I felt nervous and shameful. I knew I was stumbling and that I wasn’t confident with my work. I was nervous at first, but was doing okay. Then I felt ashamed for I was messing up and it seemed as though I had let down the group.

4. What did I personally do well?

All I can really say is that I had a loud voice. I also had some hand movement and eye contact for the first few lines. I wished I had carried that out the entire time.

5. What did not go as desired in this presentation?

I kept stumbling on the word “unalienable”. I had to say it about three times to finally get it right. My conclusion should have been longer and should have included more of a summarizing affect on the information and not just the overall topic. I also wish that I hadn’t been so nervous and forgotten my lines. This caused me to read half of my sort little, little, part.

6. On a scale from 1-10, how well do I think I understood the content? Explain.

Well if I going upon my group’s presentation, then probably about a 3. I learned the content from listening to other groups or on my own; and that leaves me personal understanding of the content at about an 7.

7. How do I think my group members perceived me? Why do I think this?

I don't really know. Each of them saw a different side of me. Some could see me as simply a quite person sitting there or some could have seen me as annoying. I was trying to help the group move along(so I could actually do my work) and some could have took it to be bothersome.

8. How do I think the 8th graders perceived me? Why do I think this?

Seeing how I stumbled and had to read or refer back to my notes(which they absolutely dislike); I would say that the 8th graders probably saw me as an unprepared, nervous girl. According to my behavior and actions I could totally see that and in fact I do see my presentation that way.

9. Knowing that I can only control how I act and react, if I could do this presentation again, what would I change about my actions to make it a more ideal experience?

I would try to make more eye contact and hand motions to convey my message; in order to enhance the presentation. If we had a night to practice I would take full advantage, so that I can make sure I won’t stumble on my lines again. I wish we could do this presentation over again.

10. What are my strengths in groups?

I am normally good at persuading and I have a nice way to present key points (both of which I lacked in this presentation). I can also step up to be a leader if one is needed.

11. What areas do I need improvement?

I need to find away to cool myself down and become less nervous. I also need to learn to handle groups better. When I am in a group and things are not going smoothly, I tend to stress and snap.

12. What is the most important thing I learned about myself? Why is this so important?

I rediscovered many of my previous and reoccurring problems. The main thing I learned was that I tend to struggle in groups greatly. I have known this, but in this project my group skills were tested and I desperately need to find a way to cool off. This is important because negative attitude(which I can get when stressed) spreads quickly and easily, which could harm the group even more.

  1. Are there any other things that I need to express?

Over all I was totally stressed out about this project, for nothing seemed to go good in my direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment